THE ROLE OF THE WARRANTED WARDEN:
1) Is empowered with the responsibility of abiding by the rules
and regulations of both the constitution of the N.Z.M.W.A (Inc) and the Maori Community Development Act 1962.
2) Shall maintain a high standard of dress and conduct at all times and must:
(A) Not usurp the duties of the Police or any other organization.
(B) Not use physical force.
(C) Not be under the influence of, or consume any intoxicating liquor whilst on duty.
3) He must be diligent in the execution of his duties and maintain an attitude of restraint and tact, tolerance
and avoid hasty action. He must at all times remain completely impartial and refrain from any display officiousness,
hostility or any other authoritive conduct.
4) It must be remembered that the acceptance or rejection of Maori Wardens will be determined by their manners
and the method adopted in carrying out duties.
5) He/she must have a reasonable knowledge or background of Maori.
6) He/she must realize that his/her duty is one of service and any adverse criticism will reflect on the entire
7) He/she must have a reasonable command of the Maori Language and be able to effectively communicate with people.
8) He/she must become familiar with the people in his/her area and above all endeavor to engender recognition and
acceptance of the service Wardens are offering.
9) He/she must have the ability to accurately record incidents and details for evidential purposes.
10) He/she must be prepared to forgo the comforts of his/her home (but not to the detriment of his/her own family)
wherever his/her services may be required.
11) He/she must maintain loyalty to his/her Maori Komitis and receive directions from such Komitis with deference
and respect and ensure that they are carried out to the best of his/her ability.
12) A WARDEN MUST HAVE:
· COMPASSION TOLERANCE UNDERSTANDING
· DISCIPLINE RESPECT
· 100% LOYALTY 100% COMMITMENT
TO THE ASSOCIATION FOR WHICH HE/SHE OPERATES UNDER.
All content © GI Designz